Monday, June 30, 2008

Aberdaron to Bangor via Criccieth and Caernarfon

30 June 2008

Howdy, All,

After breakfast at the Ty Newydd, Peter picked me up and took me to the top of the world so that I could see Bardsey Island. No chance that I was getting there by ferry, the sea was too rough. What a stunning view. Thanks, Peter!



Then, Simon took me to Bangor, but he asked me if would mind going via Criccieth to drop off the car for maintenance.. not a problem in my book. I had never been to Criccieth before!

What a beautiful drive! Criccieth is a stunning seaside resort village.




There is also a castle there, situated picturesquely on the hill overlooking the bay.




Simon took the car after dropping me off and we agreed to meet at a certain time and place. Almost at once, I heard the jets! I had forgotten that the RAF used the airspace in and around the Caernarfon Bay and Mt Snowdon for their maneuvers! Wow, some noise that is.




Then off to lunch in Caernarfon. We found a place just before Caernarfon that had a beer garden out back! But we ate in the lovely, posh dining room.





Then off to get some pictures of Caernarfon Castle! Only been in Wales 7 times and been to this castle every time. I love the beauty and immensity of it!



Simon dropped me off in my hotel in Bangor. I have stayed in Bangor before, at a B&B, but never in this hotel. It was priced right and since the family can't have me, it will work out well. I will still be able to see them. They are only about 8 miles up the road.

This is the view from my hotel window. Welsh Chimney pots!